View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #188
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, one thing's for sure. Regardless of the quality of the story, this film will most likely look great on film and have some well edited trailers released.lol
Yeah.

I really wonder what the enthusiasm for this film will be like in a year especially from all the people that were heart-broken by Man of Steel.

This time twelve months ago MOS was all I was thinking about. It was unhealthy obsession. I can't see myself doing that again for this film. Not after the emotional roller-coaster that was June 14.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm sure the writing is going to be the weakest point again. At least we're not going to have the awkward structuring of flashbacks/present time. It's still hard to tell if the clunky pacing of MOS fell on the editing bay or the script. I just wish there was a great writer involved. I think we can expect good; possibly MOS level good; but I just can't expect anything great from Snyder/Goyer. I hate to be a cynic but I really just don't think they have it in them. Plus the very blockbuster-ish nature of the film being a Superman/Batman team-up doesn't really inspire the most beautiful of stories.

It's going to be a big loud action movie with Snyder exercising his nerd cred by putting to film the most comic-booky of visuals of the two greatest heroes together. Should we expect anything more? And I think it's a certainty that the hype will revolve around the new Batman.