View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #198
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I completely agree, and that's all I'm expecting. Snyder has got to be primed to unleash his inner fanboy on this movie, and that's probably exactly what WB wants him to do. I think the primary goal here is to make this film a must-see event for the masses to stay afloat in the summer of Star Wars and Avengers, and to make something that will be a massive geek out for the fans. It's kind of like the parents are gone for the weekend (the Nolans are no longer involved with Batman) and the kids are about to throw the biggest house party ever.

There's nothing wrong with those things, if they want to make that kind of film then by all means they should make it and I'm willing to go into the film on those terms. I have nothing against a purely fun comic book film with a dash of substance on the side. I just hope if that's the case, it's reflected in the advertising. The thing is, all of Snyder's movies look like masterpieces from their trailers, and WB has a reputation of being the "weightier" of the two brands and probably wants to uphold that too.

And if Snyder and Goyer manage to surprise me and exercise restraint here to a point where it truly feels like choices are being made for organic story reasons first and foremost, I'm happy to be proven wrong too.
Ill be happy with an awesome popcorn crossover movie. Seriously now..they can dig deeper in the solo films but crossovers are just a fans wet dream to see a fun explosive action movie. Batman/Superman or Justice League is their way of competing with Marvel and Disney so why the hell not!?

All they need to do is cut down on the building destruction and write a fresh/cool Batman for the masses to see.

Nolan focused more on the arc of Bruce Wayne and the reality of doing this like a genre movie. Maybe now is the time to bring the comics & animation to life through the Batfleck.

Batman fighting an alien in 3D has never been done before. Im up for it. Just don't make it campy or light. Keep it dark, have your serious moments like Man Of Steel had but embrace the fun fluffy element.