View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #199
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

That short was pretty nifty. I'd love to see something like that for Batman's 75th anniversary next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Ill be happy with an awesome popcorn crossover movie. Seriously now..they can dig deeper in the solo films but crossovers are just a fans wet dream to see a fun explosive action movie. Batman/Superman or Justice League is their way of competing with Marvel and Disney so why the hell not!?

All they need to do is cut down on the building destruction and write a fresh/cool Batman for the masses to see.

Nolan focused more on the arc of Bruce Wayne and the reality of doing this like a genre movie. Maybe now is the time to bring the comics & animation to life through the Batfleck.

Batman fighting an alien in 3D has never been done before. Im up for it. Just don't make it campy or light. Keep it dark, have your serious moments like Man Of Steel had but embrace the fun fluffy element.
I totally agree, I'm up for it but I just hope they're honest about what they're doing and the marketing reflects the actual tone of the movie. Personally I found somewhat of a disconnect between the Man of Steel trailers and the actual movie, which made it seem like this quieter, more introspective film ala Batman Begins. I think that really effected how I took in the movie the first time around.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 10-14-2013 at 03:31 PM.