View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #174
Rodrigo90
I'm mad!

Default Re: The Joker's background?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Fantastic theory. But im not so sure if Joker was the one who did it to himself. It's a high possibility. And ive thought about that before. But it could also be at the hands of somebody else. Maybe his father, maybe a gangster, maybe he was abused and this was done to him at some point. Isolation (which parallels Heath finding a way to isolate himself in a hotel room to get into the mindset). So yes, isolation and abuse for any number of years could have made Joker lose all faith in humanity.

The gangster route always sounds cliché to me. I don't like it. So I think it was himself, his father or some stranger in general that did this to him. But not some gangster who carves his face up for money or whatever.

Id say his father is a big part of his evolution. And there's a woman involved too. Of course I don't believe the literal stories Joker tells about these two people...the details are not fact IMO. But there's a reason why this woman and father enter his stories. It's partly a call for help (subconsciously maybe, if he comes up with these stories on the spot) but without actually telling his victim his past with them.

The mystery is what im attracted to the most. I don't ever want to know what really happened, and nobody has that answer either. The only person that may have came up with something definitive for a backstory would have been Heath Ledger. And in a haunting way, that's another reason why we'll never know.

I see him almost as the devil. A lost demonic soul who just IS. He comes into the story like a ghost and exits the story the same way. And I don't mean when they capture him, throwing him in Arkham Asylum. Im referring to the TDKR novelization where there's a possibility that he has vanished from the institute. Which is what I choose to think happens. Never to be found again.
It could be through someone else, his scarring. But I've noticed this in the comics and the film. Joker blames EVERYBODY else but himself for the way he is.
He blames Batman in the comics and in this film, blames his father, wife and to a lesser extent, Batman.
When people are like that, it's usually because they try to shift the guilt of their behaviour onto the actions of others. So, I believe, there is no one else but to blame for his scarring and what not other than on himself.
He'll always accuse others, and they may be contributing factors as to why he did it, but I firmly think he mutilated himself by his own hand and blames others for being the reasons.

Spooky, that he just disappeared lol
A religious point of view, he is someone that is trying to destroy the word of God, without anybody catching on to his real agenda. Rules (Commandments) were sent by God to keep us grounded and good, so one day we may enter Heaven.
It's like Joker wants to destroy that possibility.
Without commandments, we give into a life of complete sin. Joker is like the Devil, a minion more so. Tempting people to give into a life of freedom (sin), which corrupts our souls and leads us on a path to Hell.
Batman could be represented by the archangel, Michael. Upholding God's law as his leading soldier, that combats the forces of evil.

Law is God to Batman and Chaos is Satan to the Joker.