View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #179
Oswald
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Joker's background?

I don't think he ever was stomped by society, I think he's a very alpha male (you can watch his possible young version in the film Hesher I mentioned before). He could've been a bohemian artist, a drug-addict, a homeless, all of this during his previous life. The rules of society, the law and the order don't bother him cause they are rational. I mean, the police are normal people who makes a work for money, and in general people obey rules because is better to do it.

But, when Batman appears, his mind breaks. Batman isn't like the ordinary police, no, no: Batman is crazy. He doesn't do what he does for money or for any rational reason. He is a lunatic obsessed with order, a man dressed like a bat who appears from nowhere and attacks the criminals (people who don't follow the laws). I think the Joker perceives Batman like a direct menace to his free will, and his actions during the film are just a reaction to this menace. He defends himself of the threat of Batman, and he does it attacking and mocking the social values which have allowed (and allows) his existence.

Last edited by Oswald; 10-15-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: black
Oswald is offline   Reply With Quote