View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #907
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
What evidence have you heard supporting the idea that Rachel was a femme fatale? Would you say Bruce's attraction to her was rooted in her being the last link left to his childhood, or perhaps her being his friend at a traumatic point in his life?
I know this wasn't directed at me, but IMO, the main thing that kept Bruce and Rachel from being together was his growing obsession with Batman. Other than that, there really isn't anything on a script/story level that suggests that Bruce and Rachel were incompatible.

I dislike Rachel and felt Bale had little chemistry with both her actresses. But I do think that Rachel is intended to be the love of Nolan Bruce's life. IMO, Him moving on with Selina is similar to a widow being remarried

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote