10-19-2013, 06:25 AM
Has a tendency to bite
Join Date: May 2011
Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE
Originally Posted by Loki882
I quite liked it. I didn't see Jane's actions as "falling in love" per se. I saw it as initially being scientific curiousity and an attraction, but not love YET. Hemsworth, Hiddleston, Hopkins, and Skaarsgard were all excellent and Portman, Elba, Alexander, and the Warriors three were all quite good despite having smaller roles. There wasn't a single BAD performance in the movie. The movie balanced the humor and darker moments well for the most part. Now for some negatives.
1. Asgard looked good overall, but it came across and too cleam and glossy in places.
2. Rene Russo was wasted, I hope that she gets more screentime in TDW.
3. I liked Jane, but I wish she'd been given a little more to do, the same applies to Sif, and the Warriors 3.
4. Laufey was intimidating and Colm Feore was quite good, but he wasn't in the movie nearly enough and needed more to do. His death was cool though.
5. The Destroyer was defeated WAY TOO EASILY!!
Overall, I'd give Thor and 8.5/10.
Uh, this thread is for reviews of Thor: The Dark World
. We've had more than three years to hash and rehash Thor
"Don't touch Lola."
Coulson's Army: Stronger than Death