View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #396
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: What DIDN'T you like about Iron Man 3? *SPOILER ALERT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
The only thing that I was disappointed with was Killian's fire breath only being used once.

What a waste of an awesome super power.
Hell yeah, I was so bummed when Killian didn't use his fire breath against Iron Man. It could've been his counter attack for Iron Man's repulsor rays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
When people whine, they whine. No use in sugar-coating it by not calling it what it is. Threatening to "go to war" against people at Marvel isn't helping your case at all.

But let me put it to you this way: When someone argues that a successful, critically-praised film is a disaster worse than one of the worst CBMs of all time, they are being ridiculous. It's one thing to disagree with creative decisions in a film and quite another to piss and moan about the filmmakers wanting to make money or threaten to wage some sort of war on them. Marvel's goal was to make a blockbuster film and they succeeded, probably beyond their wildest dreams. Changes had to be made to the Mandarin because quite a bit of his backstory is patently ridiculous. While magic rings from an alien dragon worked in the comics back in the 1960s, that wasn't going to fly today. An Extremis-powered villain hiding behind a terrorist front worked brilliantly in fin Fang Foom's absence.

QFT

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote