View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #74
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
I agree, I think IM3 was the smartest of not only the Iron Man movies, but the MCU movies too. There's a massive bandwagon approach, as I said before that people focus on the "raping of the Mandarin", whose fans I never saw anywhere until IM3. I understand wanting what we got in the trailer, but how else would you play it out? Kingsley duking it out with RDJ using power rings? I agree TW went into excessiveness over the ending (didn't bother me in the slightest), but focusing on TS seems to be the big debate here, not the fact that people wanted Marvel to quit playing it safe and take risks, then the second they do, it's a big controversy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualiza View Post
Either not paying attention, or not wanting to. There has most definitely been a bandwagon of backlash, if you will, with this film that still continues to snowball, and it has clouded people's judgment of this film if you ask me. I used to think that our fan community was a bit more keen than that, especially since so many people love to wax philosphical about TDK, but apparently not. IM3 featured much more nuance than either of its predecessors, but all people care to focus on is Trevor Slattery, while sweeping all of that nuance(his included) under the rug. It astonishes me that IM3 catches more heat than The Wolverine, a film that unquestionably butchered a much more popular villain, the Silver Samurai, and there was nowhere near the amount of thought, relevance, and creativity that went into the decision, either. A lot of the film connoisseurs in this community are perpetrating a fraud, as far as I'm conerned; this summer has simply reminded me of how fickle they can be.

Man these two posts really hit home with me, it's like you guys took my exact feelings and put them in words. The part about the Silver Samurai bothering was very true, it was pretty bad certainly ALOT worse than the Mandarin twist. I wonder why no one makes nearly as much of a big deal about that, I'm starting to think alto of it is hatred due to the extreme success of Iron Man 3.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote