View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #50
Victarion
Cut

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

There was lot happening in the film;that's what I enjoyed about it. The class warfare was another tool for Bane to use against Bruce.

I see Alfred's burning of Rachel's letter as him trying to force Bruce to past his relationship with Rachel. After TDK, Bruce did try to create a life for himself by throwing his time and energy into the fusion reactor project. So it makes sense that Alfred wouldn't bring up the subject of the letter. In the time after that (3 years, I think?) I imagine Alfred consoled himself with the fact that Bruce wasn't risking his neck as the Batman. Only when Bruce went out with a death wish did Alfred confess to Bruce about the letter.

Bane's death was well done, as it emphasized the moral difference between Batman and Catwoman. Batman had already beaten him mentally and physically. Getting blown away was a perfect way to keep Bane from winning (ie dying a martyr).

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote