Thread: Who dies?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #74
Morbius
Living Vampire

Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post
You kill off a major character to make millions, and then you bring them back to life in order to make millions more.

The Hulk's death could involve exile into space or another dimension, and then you would have him fight his way back to Earth. Millions made.
Cap's death would lead to his replacement by the Winter Soldier. New Cap leads to more millions made.
Thor's death would put him in the Asgardian afterlife. Hela would be introduced at this point. Thor would then escape from the afterlife in his next movie.
I get what you're saying here but it's too high risk for a movie franchise on such a large scale as this. Joss also has been noted for saying that The Empire Strikes Back ending, which follows a fairly similar thematic course to what you've described, was inconclusive. For him, each movie has to wrap things up, concluding itself irrespective of sequels.

I also don't think there will be an Asgardian afterlife in the movies - they're aliens in the MCU

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote