View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #54
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: Batman hits women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald View Post
You talk like if there's a consensus, and that's false, if you read again the posts of Anita18 you'll see I'm not the one who thinks Batman HATES criminals. I agree with her: maybe violence isn't Batman's first resource, but someone who dedicates such a part of his life to chase and ruin criminals (he isn't a cop, he can't arrest them), punching them if necessary, without any reward for it, looks like having a serious problem with the wrath...
I dunno, maybe it's because I'm a woman and I'm more likely to injure myself if I hit something, but I wouldn't choose to hit something unless I REALLY hate it. For the record, I've never hit anything I wasn't supposed to...but God help the object/person that takes me over the edge.

I've never sees anyone (even college dudes) hit anything they weren't supposed to, unless they've reached a certain point of anger or frustration. They certainly wouldn't hit people unless they were attacked first.

That's why I always thought Batman's anger toward criminals was simply part of his character. If he was actually angry at crime, he'd be doing things more underground. Affecting politics, hacking into computer networks, making sure Arkham's security system is up to snuff, stuff like that. Crime never exists in a vacuum. The fact that he chooses to physically go after criminals shows that he has some kind of beef with those people.