View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #189
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I know it sort of amazes me how much of the Mandarin spirit Killian has once you get past the fact that he doesn't look like him. Yeah the chest peice was removal was done very poorly, I mean seriously if it was that simple it should've been done in IM1.

But back to Killian, I think he's just awesome my only gripe with him is that he should've used his fire breath atleast two more times.
Exactly. They needed to do more with the Asian heart doctor's plot in order to make taking away the chest piece work better. As it stands, it makes Tony just look lazy/dumb. Also, it sort of contradicts the speech he made to Banner in Avengers (about accepting yourself).

But as for Killian, I love the fight between he and Stark. But, I do think Stark at some point should have tried ranged combat against Killian, and then he gets whacked by fire breath. That would have been cool. The thing I liked most was he felt like someone who was powerful enough to beat Stark. I never got that from Vanko in IM2. Vanko seemed like a nuisance, and Stark was basically fighting himself more than the actual villains. Much like Stane in IM1, Killian felt like a real threat. This is a big reason it is superior to IM2 for me.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote