View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #55
Anubis
Sup?

Default Re: Batman hits women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I dunno, maybe it's because I'm a woman and I'm more likely to injure myself if I hit something, but I wouldn't choose to hit something unless I REALLY hate it. For the record, I've never hit anything I wasn't supposed to...but God help the object/person that takes me over the edge.

I've never sees anyone (even college dudes) hit anything they weren't supposed to, unless they've reached a certain point of anger or frustration. They certainly wouldn't hit people unless they were attacked first.

That's why I always thought Batman's anger toward criminals was simply part of his character. If he was actually angry at crime, he'd be doing things more underground. Affecting politics, hacking into computer networks, making sure Arkham's security system is up to snuff, stuff like that. Crime never exists in a vacuum. The fact that he chooses to physically go after criminals shows that he has some kind of beef with those people.

The only reason he doesn't do all that stuff is cuz it makes for a boring comic book.

The fact that he chooses to physically go after criminals is because 1, it's exciting, and 2. It's kind of a prerequisite of being a superhero. I mean, does, say, Green Arrow hate criminals cuz he shoots arrows at them? Is Mr. Terrific in this same boat? He's just an awesome dude who decided to put on a suit and fight crime. No parents murdered by some dastardly ne'er-do-well. How about Superman? He beats the crap outta fools sometimes as well. Does he hate criminals?

You guys are confusing the basics of simple superherodom, which is beating people up, with some kind of anger at all criminals. If Batman hates criminals cuz he beats them up, then everybody hates criminals cuz they beat them up.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote