View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #125
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
I really think it comes back more to the idea that some writers are just lazy.

Writing marriages and families requires work. It requires better writing that cannot constantly fall back on the same tired tropes that have been recycled over and over again for centuries. It requires actual thought and creativity and maturity about different stages of life.

Nothing is intrinsically boring. There have been many beautiful stories told about marriage and children across all genres. But it requires BETTER writers. GREAT writers. Not just ok writers.

Would I like Lois and Clark to be parents? Yes. At some point down the road. I don't need to see it in a film right now. But I wouldn't mind knowing it happens eventually.

If Lois and Clark existed in the Star Trek universe, they would undoubtedly have a child as the concept of "alien/human" children was so intensely popular in that universe.
I see it as a potential perk of Goyer accelerating the Clois relationship's development.

For people who want to see children arcs done well, I recommend the show Six Feet Under.

I'm not sure why the parenting dynamic requires better writers in and of itself... I think all fundamental relationships require good writers, from first love to siblings to everything in between.