View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #91
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: X-Men First Class v.s Captain America TFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
The story might have been predictable to those who knew Cap's origin and how he gets to the future from the comics but if sticking to the comics counts as a negative I just don't have anything to say to that other than .
Its not the reason why the movie for me was predictable. If thats the case, then First Class would have been predictable to me, knowing from the eginning that something is going to happen between Magneto/Professor X, Hank will turn blue/furry and Mystique will leave Professor X. Of course we know something is gonna happen in Captain America for the last few minutes, but that only lasted for like 5 minutes. For the entire movie, I could pretty much guess what Captain America was gonna do next and I felt like the film made him very predictable and 1 note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Red Skull was a fantastic villain, IMO. One of the best. He had much more distinctiveness than Bacon's bland Shaw(only Guy Pierce is a more bland super-villain,IMO). Plus RS had a wonderful back up in Jones's Zola. Shaw had the awful Emma Frost who couldn't act her way out of a paper bag in that movie.
Yeah like running from Captain America everytime he got a chance? His army was easily wiped out by Captain America. Then the way he was defeated was not good.

And at least with Sebastian Shaw, we got a sense of what he's fighting for and he really made an impact to Magneto's life. Red Skull failed to do that with Captain America.

And the lead villain's sidekicks has nothing to do whether if the lead villain is good or not. Actually Hellfire Club did more damage to the characters than Red Skull/Zola to the characters of CA.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 10-21-2013 at 12:30 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote