View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #60
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: Batman hits women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
The consensus seems to be that you're not wholly correct. And again, the latter part above in bold doesn't prove hatred. Professional boxers take out their aggression in the ring against an opponent and pummel the crap out of them. Doesn't mean they hate them. Batman beats the dickens outta the Joker time after time and doesn't kill him. Why? If he hated the Joker, he'd probably kill him right? I think it's because Batman has to believe that you can come back from the brink of that kind of madness. He has to believe you can be reformed. He might break someone's nose to make them see that, but that doesn't mean his use of violence (which is warranted) equates to hatred. After all, these villains aren't afraid of the cops... he uses the Batman persona to strike fear. Nowhere in that formula does hatred necessarily enter in. You can theorize and ponder that part of it all you want, but there's isn't proof. And we all know proof is in the pudding. Mmm.... pudding... gloglogloglog...
I don't look too highly upon boxing as an actual sport, but it has an objective, it has rules of engagement, AND the other guy (who is approximately your skill and size) is trying equally hard to hit you too. Most of Batman's foes aren't on equal footing with him, physically. It's not always a fair fight, but he goes into it anyway knowing that.

And Batman not killing may just mean...that he doesn't want to be a killer. I unequivocally hate rapists, abusers, and murderers, but I don't believe in the death penalty. I don't think that's a paradox.