View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #60
VM1138
Side-Kick

Default Re: Star Trek 3 Plot and villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobbilbobbil View Post
They have been quoted (the writers) saying they want the Klingons in the 3rd film, they have been trying since the first to get them in there and set something up. But JJ Klingons dont really pose any threat. Starfleet having gained technology from both Nero and Khan the Klingons would be totally outmatched
How widely spread is Nero-tech, though? Khan helped them build the Vengeance, a totally secret project. I suppose they could extrapolate some tech from the wreckage, but I doubt the entirety of Starfleet is armed to the teeth with TNG-level tech in Star Trek 3.

I still think the Klingons will be the big baddies. Also, since they like re-spinning parts of the old movies, who wants to bet we get a full-blown Carol Marcus-Kirk relationship culminating with the Klingons killing Carol?

I also think the Klingons make a good choice because they will be a different threat. In Star Trek (09) we had a rogue villain. In Into Darkness we had two rogue villains. The Klingons could present an official, organized villain with the blessing of the Klingon Empire, which could expand the story.

I'd also like for them to factor into the exploration-side. Perhaps the Klingons are meddling with a Starfleet mission on a previously unknown-to-Starfleet planet? Thus, an intergalactic struggle between Starfleet and the Klingons culminating on (or over) the unknown frontier over the fate of some special civilization, which could keep the challenge intimate.

VM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote