Thread: "Joyless" ?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #46
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: "Joyless" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
As far as saving people, I didn't see it as Clark defying what Jonathon Kent wanted. Remember he wandered for awhile. Then he finally met his real dad. Jor-El told him the purpose of sending him. Jonathon Kent told Clark when he was a boy, that he believed he was sent here for a reason. JK didn't know Clark would one day speak with Jor-El. Now Jor-El spoke of uniting Earths people with Krypton. However not at the expense of genocide...as later expressed. When he had Kal bust out the side of the ship, he told him he could save Lois and ultimately save all the people of Earth. As much as he respected JK's wishes when he died, that changed as a result of meeting Jor-El and knowing his purpose.

I don't believe he was disrepecting him at that point either. And just because he knew his purpose wouldn't mean that he still wouldn't/couldn't be conflicted and struggle with doubts later. He was still raised on Earth and had human emotions. That wouldn't just disappear.
Yes, when Clark spoke to Jor-el, we get it.

Now, correct me if I'm mistaken, but before he met Jor-el, he was already saving lives, and showing his (bearded) face in the process (which made him pretty easy to locate btw). Which made Pa Kent's already pointless sacrifice even more pointless.

I don't even think that was disrespectful, but what happen in between, what were Pa Ken't sacrifice/suicide effects on Clark and how did he get over them? The movie just shows us that he did, but apparently it wasn't very important how, when or why.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote