View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #216
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!

Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
lol kedrell

I liked all of them but Iron Man 2 was easier the weakest, The Avengers was really nothing special besides being an event film, all it needed was to be competent, and it was, Unfortunatelly it wasn't anything more than that. For some of its flaws Iron Man 3 was still one of the most entertaining MCU films, also was one of the most interestingly directed of the bunch

I disagree. IM2 is one of if not the best superhero sequel that I've seen to date. It continues to do what the first film did and subvert(in clever little ways) the typical superhero movie. That's been a huge part of this franchise's identity and success so far. IM3 was a well made competent movie that just happened to have a giant creative brain fart right in the middle of it. They did it to try and be ballsy and shake things up and I can appreciate that on some level but in reality what they ended up doing is giving the middle finger to the fans. Especially when the douche director comes out afterwards and openly mocks them. And the Avengers was simple but it was masterfully done and hit just about all that it aimed for. I really don't give points for movies that try and fail so much as I give points to movies that aim for a target and hit what they are aiming for.

So, LOL at your opinions as well.

Last edited by kedrell; 10-21-2013 at 10:15 PM.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote