View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #20
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: The general Barry Allen vs Wally West thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
That may be alright for a Flash sequel, but the first Flash solo and the first Justice League should have Barry in my opinion. He gets the ball rolling for what the Flash is and will become and would pave the way well for Wally if his death should fall at the end of Flash solo #2 letting Wally join in for Justice League 2.

But frankly the 'death of a hero then passing down the legacy' thing has been seen quite a bit and may be a bit cliche by now. It's very possible that WB will forego this altogether and leave Barry as Flash forever. They really have no need for Wally since he's not big in the comics anymore and DC won't be making any money off of him.

Also, I'm in favor of what Llama Shepherd said.

Is the passing the torch thing really a "cliche" thing for superhero movies so far? Maybe TDKR... But even then it's A. Somewhat controversial amongst fans and B. Not the thrust of the film until the final shot you could argue.

As for whom shall be The Flash? I can take either as I've always liked both, even if I am firmly in the "Barry should have been kept deceased" camp. To my mind Barry is indeed like everybody's favorite goofy young Uncle. Wally is like everybody's favorite goofy older nephew. Take from that what you will.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote