View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #742
georgec
Not a hero

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Just watched the documentary. I won't lie...I got misty eyed, and I know this will rub some people here the wrong way, and everyone has their own opinion about one or two of the films of the trilogy (or maybe the whole thing) but there isn't a single voice out there that can convince me otherwise that the TDK trilogy is one of the best film trilogies of all time, any perceived flaws and all...they all stand as one big beautiful tale in the pantheon of tales told displayed in three films made with a level of passion, respect (and most important of all) risk taking guts and courage that I seriously doubt we'll see for a long long time in the industry for a film of this size and scope.

When people a good 10 years older than me talk about "the trilogy" they are usually talking about star wars, sometimes people my age like to refer to their trilogy as "the lord of the rings" trilogy or they just go back to star wars as their shining example, as much as I love those films to death (especially if we count Indy) I really can't see any other trilogy carry the personal investment and the level of quality enjoyed by millions as my beloved Dark Knight Trilogy. I'm proud to have my own trilogy that i'll crankily act all elitist over in 20 or so years, and I'm very sure no other superhero franchise can imagine topping that.
I agree with and love your post.

At the same time, that bolded part makes me think about how people expressing themselves positively about TDKR or the trilogy in here have to apologize for and preface their opinions in anticipation of blowback.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote