View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #60
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Default Re: Time travel method and ripple effect thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
You know what, that is still confusing especially when you bring it up to casual viewers. They don't have to do this timeline1/timeline 2.

The first six movies are part of 1 timeline, it doesn't matter if the Sentinels Project was secretly in the works during the original trilogy.

They don't have to make this confusing by telling us there's already 2 timelines even before DOFP starts rolling.
That's the problem though: The viral site stuff makes it clear they were not 'secretly' in the works during the OT at all, they have been publicly running around for decades before it. One was even shown standing guard over Ronald Reagan's inauguration! You don''t get any more public than that. I think they have taken that manniped photo down but its still easy to find:

And there's still the time-line stuff on there:
http://www.trask-industries.com/#/genetics

"1973: Trask Industries unveils the Sentinel Program."

And on this page further confirmation:

http://www.trask-industries.com/#/innovation

"Between 1973 and 1996, Trask produced 8732 Sentinel Mark I's for the governments of the United States, China, Russia, Israel, Saudi Arabia, France, India and the United Kingdom."

And one of the things features is a 'Mutant detection system'.

So...either the viral stuff will be completely ignored in DOFP and is therefore utterly fake & pointless, or they did make that site knowing the story, what it's all about, and this stuff does and will apply .

I'm inclined to think the latter (else its just a big fat cheat), and if so then it is clearly at odds with the OT.

So the only explanation I can think of is that the OT's timeline was changed by something (or someone) else prior to the point Wolverine goes back to, and he undoes that damage (halts the Sentinel Program), but in doing so it allows for the OT timeline to still have some changes (Singers 'fix some stuff') when it's restored.