View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 06:44 AM   #33
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Thor 2: Rotten Tomato Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Of course your personal assessment matters the most to you and it should.

But a consensus, as indicated by box office and RT score, can increase the chances of a sequel.

If people love the movie you like there will be more movies that cater to your taste put into production. So it does matter what others think.
Financial success is of course what decides the future but that's rarely what's being discussed when people complain about Rotten Tomatoes. They complain about that the reviewers don't think like they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Are you saying Thor and Thor 2 deserve to be considered classics based on a Thor fan's criteria?
No, I said that the themes of Thor is the kind that probably won't cater to every reviewer. Most people will find some genres of movies to be bad, regardless of how good a work is within that genre. Personally I'm very disinterested in splatter horror, not very fond of musicals etc. Luckily I'm not a reviewer so I can decide for myself what to watch.

What's a classic isn't at all derived from an RT score. I can find plenty of movies with higher RT scores than some real classics. But again, what constitutes a classic is some kind of average opinion among many people and is therefor not that important imo.

Last edited by Mjölnir; 10-23-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote