View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #747
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Bane deserved to take off in pop culture more than he did, IMO.
Name one comic book villain in the past 20 or so years that has "taken off in pop culture"...I mean on the level of guys like Dennis Hopper's Frank Booth, Hopkins' Lecter, Prowse and Earl Jone's Darth Vader, The Xenomorphs or the Predator or Arnies original T-800. You can only name Heath's Joker, and in the shadow of that I doubt no manner of screentime or lack of Talia would have aided that. If anything I think Hardy's Bane did pretty well for himself, his voice is pretty (in)famous, he's been parodied in various tv shows, it's relatively known and iconic compared to other modern superhero films.

Point being...I think the character has done well pop culture wise. It's actually Hathaway's Catwoman that I'd thought would have taken off a little more.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote