View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #993
teagone
Countryside General

Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Some people just really seem to be focusing on her height as being the thing that makes her such a 'special' choice for the role but, again, I find myself asking why WW simply must be so tall.
Over the years WW's height has ranged from between 5'11'' - 6', but as far as I can see, it's only Darwyn Cooke that's ever depicted her so tall [at about 2 inches taller than Supes, who is 6'3'', making her approx 6'5''] - now, to me that's just unneccesary. I mean, c'mon, are we trying to cast Wonder Woman here, or Big Barda?
http://moviepilot.com/stories/109433...s-wonder-woman

Those of us pining for Debicki as WW bring up her height often because she has a lot of qualities that could make for a good Wonder Woman, like most other actresses. The difference is she's tall. Her height is really a huge, huge bonus. I don't think Wonder Woman should look puny next to Henry Cavill or Ben Affleck, imo. Those two are going to be huge, and if you shove a Kate Beckinsale next to them (even after she put the time in the gym), she'll still look small, despite whatever camera tricks you can come up with.