View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #13
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Anime: Why you love/hate it so much?

For me the ones who really harken back to the old, more "manly" old anime are Toriko and Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure, the later is even based on a manga hat started in the 80s and is still published today. Old anime wasn't particularly mature or better, most was actually quite simplistic except for a few exceptions, the difference is that now you also have a lot more shojo stuff (anime for girls), some are actually good, but like with any media there is also a lot of trash.

The moe stuff also seems to get the most popular animes, i blame Neon Genesis Evangelion for much of that, but that anime actually knew how to give a story and experience, and the sad main character who Otakus could use as a surrogate figure was actually well developed. Some shonens like Hunter X Hunter also some moe and "cute" designs but they serve in the favor of its world where behind the inocence is a very violent and dark world.

For me it's allways about how they incorporate the elements, some anime is just made to sell, while other can transcend that and use it in their favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote