View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #101
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by @kylethomaswest View Post
Top stuff. Was just nice to see Thor having a proper brutal fight, something I felt the first film lacked beyond the sequence when he's trying to retrieve the hammer from S.H.I.E.L.D
You can't forget the Frost Giant battle, but that's good to hear I read a review that said their fight was one of the action highlights.

Did Thor pull off some epic attacks in this film, like some serious holy ship he's bass moments?

Quote:
There was nothing wrong with Malekith as a villain per se, but in hindsight I'm surprised that Eccleston took the role, unless the script originally had more for him to do. Make of that what you will.

The humour was great - some real laugh out loud moments. To be honest, at one point I just couldn't believe how much comedy was actually in the film, but it all worked great. Only one or two moments in and around the final battle where it felt slightly out of place, but all in all it's easily got the best comedy of any of the Marvel films to date.
It sounds like Malekith will be very similar to Hugo's Redskull which is fine by me, how would you rank Malekith among other MCU villains?

As for the humor is there really just too much humor or was it just a case of it being more than you expected?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*