View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #18
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
I'm baffled tbh. Maybe the temple (I think it's a temple) has some kind of mystical powers around it and that joined with Kitty's powers bring the effect. Or maybe it's Kitty and one of the others working together somehow.

They haven't given us any details how it's done. We just know it's a mind transfer between older and younger Wolverine.
Well it does look more magical than science-y to be honest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Well, as someone else on here also mentioned briefly, Kitty's power to 'phase' through solid objects is what real-world physics calls 'quantum tunnelling.' That's a phenomenon that allows particles to pass through barriers.

Among the many theories of time travel, there is one involving quantum tunnelling. Basically, some of the particles end up travelling faster than the speed of light and thus going back in time.

I'm not sure if this is what's supposed to be happening in the film, or if/how the time travel will be explained, but what I said is one possibility.
They may need to use 10 minutes of exposition in order to explain that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
The glowing hands is just a visual effect, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that.

The Vulture spoilers said Kitty was put out of action by the process, and they needed Rogue to absorb Kitty's powers so she could enable Wolverine's mind to come back to his body. That seems logical, but we don't know if it's really happening.
Yeah all of that makes perfect sense to me, except for the fact that it's kitty who is doing whatever needs doing. Still I am sure they have thought this one true and as long as it makes sense when I finished watching the movie I'll be satisfied.