View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #108
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by @kylethomaswest View Post
Yeah, I loved the Frost Giant battle, but this particular fight just felt a bit more of a "ground and pound".
Awesome I think I know what you mean by that.

Quote:
He had his moments. I can't imagine anyone is going to be disappointed, at least. In truth, I was so in awe throughout the whole film, that I can't specifically remember a particular moment where has was proper bad ass. They were in there, I was just having a nerdgasm for too long to properly notice
Woah I'm loving the sound of this.

Quote:
In truth, beyond Loki, I've never been too impressed with the villains in the Marvel films. Only Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 3 have really impressed me with how much they've made me want their villains beaten.

As far as scifi villains go, I'd probably say Malekith actually feels very similar to Nero from Star Trek 09. Not in character, but just in how he effects the whole movie.
Oh okay so he's not a bad villain, just an average one. Now how would you assess him power wise, like is he an extremely powerful character.?

Quote:
It was a pleasant surprise for me, personally. There's one scene that is right up there with the funniest scenes I've seen in any film period. Takes place at a certain British landmark...you'll know it when you see it

I guess, think Avengers level of comedy, but for me it felt a lot more natural than a lot of the jokes in Avengers. Between this, and the humour in Iron Man 3, I dare say Marvel fell in love with Joss' comedy style in Avengers and have just adopted it for all their films.
Cool I'm perfectly fine with Avengers level of comedy especially since you say it feels more natural.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 10-25-2013 at 12:06 PM.