View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 01:53 AM   #256
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Robert Redford offically joins Cap:TWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I have no problem with it (as long as there are no actual spoilers). I just use them in case this is a discussion anyone is trying to avoid.

I think that way works as well, but at the same time,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
this film seems to be very much about the demon's of Cap's past (as well as the world around him that SHIELD is creating). I think given that theme, it would make sense to use that card in this film. If you do it in 3, after we have so many returning Cap villains in this one, it might feel like a less cool idea. That would make 2 straight sequels in which Cap is facing his former WWII foes. I think using this film, when Cap is getting used to the new world, as our gateway in seeing how his old world has evolved over time as well works best. That way, Cap 3 is free to do whatever they want and not be forced into reusing the same villains he has already faced again, and for it to not feel like everytime Cap is in a solo adventure in the modern world, he is fighting people from WWII
But to me, this is the perfect movie to use Lukin in. Cap ALREADY has to face demons from his past in the form of WS and old Peggy, so you don't need Red Skull YET. Lukin works in this movie because you have both WS AND BW. An ex-KGB officer pulling the strings would be perfect, maybe he's connected to both of them. Plus, Lukin's infiltration and scheming would contrast nicely with Red Skull's bombastic take over the world plot in TFA.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote