View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #101
kedrell
I see what you did there

Default Re: Thor 2: Rotten Tomato Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
That's not the case for me. I think movies like The Thin Red Line or The Road were very good, but they are too heavy and depressing for me to rewatch them as many times as I could with a superhero movie or a comedy.

Well a movie being good or bad is entirely within the individuals perspective. As far as I'm concerned a movie like The Thin Red Line is horrible(and what clued me into not ever being a Terrence Malick fan). But if others liked it then good for them. At least someone got something out of that pretentious snooze-fest. Never saw The Road, though I want to. Now Schindler's List I like and that's not one I rewatch much, but I can rewatch it. I enjoy certain aspects of it that help get me through the film. But while that may be high art or whatever as far as I'm concerned a simple comedy like Dumb and Dumber which is much more enjoyable is therefore IMO the better film. Subject matter/concept may be the #1 thing that gets me to initially watch a film but it doesn't factor into how well I like it much at all. How much I enjoyed a movie is and always will be my #1 ultimate standard. It's entertainment value, pure and simple.

I have an inner child. Not an inner teenager.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote