View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #102
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor 2: Rotten Tomato Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Well a movie being good or bad is entirely within the individuals perspective. As far as I'm concerned a movie like The Thin Red Line is horrible(and what clued me into not ever being a Terrence Malick fan). But if others liked it then good for them. At least someone got something out of that pretentious snooze-fest. Never saw The Road, though I want to. Now Schindler's List I like and that's not one I rewatch much, but I can rewatch it. I enjoy certain aspects of it that help get me through the film. But while that may be high art or whatever as far as I'm concerned a simple comedy like Dumb and Dumber which is much more enjoyable is therefore IMO the better film. Subject matter/concept may be the #1 thing that gets me to initially watch a film but it doesn't factor into how well I like it much at all. How much I enjoyed a movie is and always will be my #1 ultimate standard. It's entertainment value, pure and simple.
Well said how much you enjoy a movie is the #1 most important aspect of a film, after all that's a films main purpose to get people to enjoy it.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote