View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #97
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I was kinda concerned about how they were going to involve Charles into the storyline outside of the Cerebro stuff, because let's face it it's hard to go globe-trotting or get involved into action scenes when you're in a wheelchair; I was hoping that it wasn't going to be about Beast and Wolverine going about business while Charles sits and waits in the mansion.
This is what has always worried me about Charles' role in DoFP. In other films, older Charles is essentially a non-action character. And since his powers make him almost a deus ex-machina, he's always knocked out or captured or dead so that his telepathy won't offer an easy and fast resolution for any conflict.

I don't know about him walking, though. I mean, I would love to see him taking part on the action, I just hope that if he's walking it won't be a simplistic resolution that puts aside the tragedy of dealing with his paralysis.

Quote:
And yay I saw the poster for Filth in my local cinema yesterday!
And where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm so jealous of all of you who get to see Filth. James is my favorite actor ever and just thinking that I probably won't able to see what has been called his greatest performance in cinemas really hurts.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote