View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
Nell2ThaIzzay

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
We don't really know much about the 1973 part of the story anyway, that seems to be kept quiet
Good. I don't want to be spoilers.

One reason why I believe that X-Men: First Class was one of my best X-Men theater experiences was because I knew next to nothing about it going in.

Unfortunately, part of the problem why I knew next to nothing was because I wasn't particularly into the concept of what they were doing. Until I actually saw it and thought it was a billion times better than it had any business being (which furthers Bamfer's point that when I see the 1973 portion of this film, I may like it more than I'm anticipating. Which is true. Although I'm not anticipating to dislike the 1973 portion. My preference is just for the future portion).

I hyped the ever living crap out of X-Men 3, and didn't hype X-Men Origins: Wolverine up quite as much as I did X-Men 3, but still hyped myself up through the roof for it. I spoiled every damn revealed detail about X-Men 3 for myself, and the first time I watched it, went in with preconceived notions of hating it for the death of Cyclops and Xavier, and the curing of Rogue, and for having built myself up for Sentinels that never were intended to be in the film, and then they weren't. And then with X-Men Origins: Wolverine, I watched the damned leaked version of the film before it even hit theaters.

Unfortunately, my hype for Days Of Future Past is reaching X-Men 3 levels, so I don't know if I can avoid the spoilers when they inevitably come out. But I'm hoping I can. Cuz I want to go into the movie with a clean slate, like I did for X-Men, X2, X-Men: First Class, and The Wolverine.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: