View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #11
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I can agree that this might feel like the X-Men 3 we should have had. Or more like a true continuation of the X-Men series from X2... which is why I'm so excited to see the OT cast being done right for the first time since 2003. Hopefully...
Well for me, I irrationally hyped myself up for Sentinels in X-Men 3, and totally convinced myself that Sentinels were going to be in the movie (and not just the Danger Room sequence), and convinced myself that they SHOULD be in the movie. And then I never got Sentinels. And originally, I bashed the ever living crap out of X-Men 3 because it wasn't the movie I built up in my mind.

Of course I love X-Men 3 now, because I came to judge it for what it actually was, rather than what I thought it "should be", but now getting a movie with Sentinels, with one of my favorite X-Men stories, I actually am getting that movie that I wanted X-Men 3 to be, which will probably lessen even further the disappointment I had in X-Men 3 simply because I don't need it to fill a particular void anymore that it never did anyways, and never really aspired to fill in the first place.

For me, it's a win win. I get the X-Men movie I always wanted, and by doing so, another X-Men movie doesn't get dinged in my mind for not being that movie.