View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #121
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Default Re: X-Men First Class v.s Captain America TFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I stand firmly by it being an Avengers commercial, because they threw the entire plot out of the movie at the 1-hour mark as it became a rush to the finish line to make sure that Cap was lined up for Avengers. The film literally went from "We will meet again one day Mr. Rogers," with Red Skull type villainy to "We have now almost defeated Hydra!" in the span of five minutes. The only mission glimpsed in those five minutes was the death of Bucky, which again felt rushed and half-assed simply to better set-up Captain America 2 down the road.

I'll put it another way: Cap's entire mythic legend of being the symbol for the Allies happens OFF-SCREEN. He goes from Zero to Hero just like that (pardon the Disney pun). Honestly, it should have been two films. So much was gloosed over or skipped to line up with the Avengers that the naturally building plot stops dead for a "Best of" compilation. It is lazy and poorly told.
I like the movie, but agree. i never thought about it before but it does go from becoming Cap to a montage to his last mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Marvel had to get Cap into the present. FOX had to get Xavier into a wheelchair. Both events were rushed, but Marvel had a much better reason for doing so.
Disagreed, Xavier didn't have to become paralysised in FC. Cap did have to get frozen and thawed for Avengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I disagree. The rift between Erik and Xavier was occurring regardless of the paralysis, and the incident caused yet another continuity error. Mystique also acted completely out of character by abandoning her wounded brother on the beach. I would liked to have seen Xavier get hurt under more heroic circumstances after spending more time with the First Class, but hopefully Singer makes it all worthwhile next year.
Yes and No. it was careless of her given Xaviers condition, but her decision to join Erik played out fver the entire movie with how Xavier didn't allow her to embrace her true self whereas erik did.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 10-28-2013 at 08:35 AM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote