View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #127
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men First Class v.s Captain America TFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Marvel had to get Cap into the present. FOX had to get Xavier into a wheelchair. Both events were rushed, but Marvel had a much better reason for doing so.
Rushed? I strongly disagree. Did the movie NEED to end with Charles in a wheelchair? No, it could have just as easily ended with him not being paralyzed and been just as strong. But the way it happened felt natural to the story as he literally got it from Erik by accident as Erik was planning to slaughter hundreds of people. In fact, I see another poster said they wished it was more heroic, I don't see how it could be much more considering he saved countless lives by fighting Magneto over it.

I don't really care about continuity errors per se. Filmmakers will do whatever works best for their movie first every time. The scene worked very well in XFC. The entire second half of Captain America did not work. It honestly would have been better if they confined the story to a few months instead of years if they were going to truncate it so much, because they ended up with something that felt half-hearted. At least that is what the pace would lead one to believe.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote