View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #110
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Melbourne, Australia.

Yeah it would be a great shame if James' performance didn't make it into some countries' cinemas
Oh, I had a little hope that you lived in the US and they had already set a distribution deal, hence the poster...but yeah, I know it'll be released in Australia and Japan, and some European countries, but nothing for North and South America, Africa and Asia (except Japan) so far.

If you see it please write a brief review here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerial View Post
If it was a big part of the climax (like him getting shot), then I could see it. But having that "maybe he is, maybe he isn't" game in all the previews will be a major pain in the butt.
I agree, Nerial, it would be awful and cheapen everything Charles went through. I hope that, if he's really cured/walking, they keep it out of the trailer so that whatever happens in the film it'll have the same impact as, like you said, Charles being shot and paralyzed.

There are ways of dealing with a cure for Charles that can fit nicely in the context of the story (especially concerning Trask and nanotechnology), and if that means he can be an active participant in the action, I will have it. From the moment it was decided that the story would happen ten years after First Class I gave up on the "Charles dealing with his paralysis" arc, and I didn't really know what to expect for the character other than have him stuck inside the mansion, using Cerebro and receiving a visitant from the future. Charles walking offer other possibilities and will also fit continuity. Although I REALLY think it would be interesting to have a paraplegic man inserted in a summer blockbuster action, I'm also a realist - it won't happen in CBMs.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart

Last edited by Loganbabe; 10-28-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote