View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #16
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Default Re: (Speculation) Captain America III: Fallen Son (The Death of Captain America)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
They aren't going to kill off Cap. Full stop. They'll "James Bond" it (to use Fiege's words) and move on, the same as Iron Man & Thor, same as they already have done with Banner.
But at the same time their certainly is the option to kill Cap off and still have the franchise continuing. It would be a pretty ballsy move, but Marvel is a pretty ballsy company, so I wouldn't rule it out completely.

I can see it working, as you could continue with Sebastian Stan as Captain America/Bucky for 3 more films, whether its Avengers, Captain America, SHIELD or whatever. In his last film he brings Cap back and thats when Steve Rogers would essentially get the James Bond treatment.

I think that would make sense and it would put some years between Chris Evans as Cap and whoever steps in to take on the role.

I would be interested to see how audiences react to something like that, as it would be the first time a Major hero dies on screen while the franchise lives on. Will audience show up for the next film??

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote