View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #17
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: (Speculation) Captain America III: Fallen Son (The Death of Captain America)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
But at the same time their certainly is the option to kill Cap off and still have the franchise continuing. It would be a pretty ballsy move, but Marvel is a pretty ballsy company, so I wouldn't rule it out completely.

I can see it working, as you could continue with Sebastian Stan as Captain America/Bucky for 3 more films, whether its Avengers, Captain America, SHIELD or whatever. In his last film he brings Cap back and thats when Steve Rogers would essentially get the James Bond treatment.

I think that would make sense and it would put some years between Chris Evans as Cap and whoever steps in to take on the role.

I would be interested to see how audiences react to something like that, as it would be the first time a Major hero dies on screen while the franchise lives on. Will audience show up for the next film??
If I was Feige, or whoever's in charge, and I was seriously contemplating a Death of Cap/Bucky Takes the Reins scenario, I'd wait to see what the audience response to CATWS is first. If CATWS breaks big, it's likely to generate a much bigger fanbase for either Cap or Bucky. If it turns out that Sebastian Stan steals the show, then I'm sure a "Captain Bucky" transition would go a lot smoother. But if Chris Evans gets a substantially larger shot in the arm this go round than his previous outings --- as I believe will be the case --- then you can't kill him off just yet.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote