View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #19
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Default Re: Rate the Days of Future Past trailer

There is a lot going on in this movie, and the trailer managed to give the viewer a tease for all the characters--their emotions, motives and a little bit of their powers--the darker atmosphere, and some great costumes (Blink...wow, just wow).

The music is meh. I agree that it didn't rouse my emotions--it felt very generic. And the scenes were patched together a bit amateurishly (the shot between the characters talking and Wolverine having those glowing hands--I assume that's Kitty--tossing him back in time is a good example, but there are more).

This is the same trailer they showed in July at SDCC, which was kind of disappointing--I was hoping for something different, but since the footage was leaked online, I can't blame Singer or the crew for using it as the official trailer. But it does beg the question...they've had over three months to look at this thing--they obviously had time to improve upon it. So...why wasn't it edited better?

That being said, the teaser trailer still did what it intended; I've watched it at least half a dozen times this morning and despite the flaws, it still gets me excited for more.

8 out of 10

While Charles Xavier is building his school, the Brotherhood has plans of its own—to build a mutant army. And soon, Magneto will discover there’s only one person who can build it for them…Charles.

Click Here to Read.
Nerial is offline   Reply With Quote