View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #441
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

I disagree when you say that about Penguin. Riddler, I sort of understand, because im not really a fan unless the writing is really top notch or in the case of animation/live-action...if the actor is somebody I like. But Riddler has incredible money-making potential so don't think WB wont go for it even if he might be dated.

Penguin on the other hand might look like a character out of the 1940s, but all you have to do is read "Penguin: Pain and Prejudice" to see the story potential and play Arkham City to know that there's still an appetite for Oswald.

He works incredibly well as a side character, like you said. But I do think he can be an incredible threat to Batman or Gotham in an unpredictable way.

They can make him somewhat responsible for the Grayson murders. If not that, then the hits he pulls off as a mob boss can get so personal and sickening that it can be a great detective story for Batman without getting into the "mystery clue game" that is the Riddler. Which sometimes feels close to Joker. With Penguin, you can get into his backstory, do nightmarish sequences or scenes of him being delusional. Such as looking in the mirror and seeing a completely different person (physically the opposite of what he really is). All very interesting stuff. Make him be the definition of what Gotham's organized crime has become over the decade or so that Batman's existed. Which was the only other thing I wanted to see in Nolan's movies but now it can be more suitable.

There's great parallels between Wayne and Cobblepot too. So I prefer him in the next movie over Croc or the Owls.

Court of Owls? Im down for that don't get me wrong. But it may be too close to the League of Shadows which we've seen bookend the last series. Croc? We've seen the Lizard last year, we've seen Bane and even Penguin as a sewer dwelling "monster" to know that there's not much in the original category for Waylon Jones.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote