View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #22
All Mighty
Default Re: Should DOFP be used to reboot the X-Men franchise?

Originally Posted by OsGom View Post
I think Singer's Wolver-centric vision has been played out and several classic Xmen arcs have suffered because of it.

The Dark Phoenix Saga was a travesty and it appears DOFP is getting the same treatment.

As fan of both these arcs, I would rather this particular franchise would die out.

I know it isn't likely to happen under Fox as long they remain profitable but I feel like the current franchise is simply a Fox cash cow powered by the misguided Singer and the charisma of Jackman.

You Forget Singer didn't direct X-Men 3, his ideas for that film were actually quite awesome and it would have been shot back-to-back with an X-men 4, which would have either been a continuation of the Phoenix saga or been the final battle. The only storyarc besides this one Singe adapted was "God Loves, Man Kills" for X-Men 2, and we all know that one turned out very good, he has also shown interest in Days of Future past for a long while, so it's obvious he's gonna try to respect the story as much as he can.

Bryan Singer is no more misguided than Marvel Studios themselves.

Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote