View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #22
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Should DOFP be used to reboot the X-Men franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsGom View Post
I think Singer's Wolver-centric vision has been played out and several classic Xmen arcs have suffered because of it.

The Dark Phoenix Saga was a travesty and it appears DOFP is getting the same treatment.

As fan of both these arcs, I would rather this particular franchise would die out.

I know it isn't likely to happen under Fox as long they remain profitable but I feel like the current franchise is simply a Fox cash cow powered by the misguided Singer and the charisma of Jackman.

You Forget Singer didn't direct X-Men 3, his ideas for that film were actually quite awesome and it would have been shot back-to-back with an X-men 4, which would have either been a continuation of the Phoenix saga or been the final battle. The only storyarc besides this one Singe adapted was "God Loves, Man Kills" for X-Men 2, and we all know that one turned out very good, he has also shown interest in Days of Future past for a long while, so it's obvious he's gonna try to respect the story as much as he can.

Bryan Singer is no more misguided than Marvel Studios themselves.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote