View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #166
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I don't think it will be treated as another twist. I think there's also a chance that the One-Shot might not even be canon. Just a straight up Kingsley's Mandarin vs. Iron Man 10 minute-short.
Oh oh oh. I just had an idea of how to convert that very non-canon One-Shot you described into an in-canon One-Shot, without sacrificing the integrity of IM3 one bit. Slightly confusing? Lemme explain.

So, we start off abruptly with Ben Kingsley in full Mandarin regalia flying through the air, shooting lasers from ten rings, battling Iron Man (in what appears to be a new suit design) one-on-one in absolute epic over-the-top manner. That goes on for about 10 minutes and we (interestingly) see that Iron Man has been re-cast. Would be awesome if they used a huge name here.

The camera pans left and we see that we're in a movie hall; an in-MCU movie hall, of course. We then see Slattery (immunity in exchange for the goods on Killian/AIM) seems to have parleyed that promising theater career and recently ill-gotten infamy into a solid career on the big screen. Then, Trevor Slattery does Trevor Slattery things for a few minutes... and scene.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote