View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #450
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: ** TEASER TRAILER Thread - Countdown: Tuesday 29! [First snippet!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I thought it was a mediocre trailer. It had way too many shots of mutants (some of whom looked like cosplayers) just standing around. Then there's the fact that it's hinted that something bad is being prevented but we aren't shown what. Couldn't we have had a glimpse of a Sentinel? Normally I wouldn't be so hard on a teaser but this was over two minutes long.

Then there's the fact that it's basically just a reshowing of the Comic Con trailer. Yeah, it was my own fault for spoiling myself by watching it early but that was a while ago. Fox has had plenty of time to put together new footage. I don't know why they didn't since they must have been aware that nerds all over the world had already seen the leaked trailer and wouldn't be impressed with a rehash.

I haven't been wild about any of Singer's X-Men movies and nothing about this teaser convinced me to feel differently bout DOFP. Still hoping it turns out well because I love the FC cast.
Yes, part of the 'problem' is that most of us (X-Men fans, superhero movie enthusiasts, internet nerds) did already see the footage leaked from SDCC.

Then, almost four months later, the same footage is released - just with different music - as the new teaser. It would surely have been easy to end with a shot of a Sentinel with its eyes lighting up; they had Sentinel heads back at SDCC so there must be practical models that could have been used for a scene lasting a second.

Of course, the mainstream viewer outside the geek bubble won't be as jaded about this teaser. To them, it will seem more fresh.

I'm seeing various reactions online. Some fans wanting to know why Blink is Chinese or why the character is even in this, some groaning about Wolverine being central to the story yet again, some wondering how Kitty now has time travel powers. Lots of questions and lots of curiosity, which is a good thing at this point. But they do need to make sure there is some spectacle and wow in the next footage that's unveiled; it's not enough to rest on past glories and nostalgia (of the previous X-Men movies).