View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #95
chaseter
Bland User

Default Re: Should Marvel Get The Rights Back To All It's Characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Challenge:

For anyone who wants all the rights to come back, give me a release timeline. Tell me what Phase 2 or 3 or 4 looks like if Marvel is trying to produce franchises for:
IM, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Avengers, GOTG, Dr. Strange, Inhumans, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Iron Fist, Blade, Daredevil, Ghost Rider
AS WELL AS:
Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four

Let me see how you'd do phase 2 or 3 or 4 with all of that.
IM solo movies are likely done. I really doubt there is an IM4. It would be a huge mountain to move to get IM4 in the pipeline. RDJ is only on for Avengers 2 and 3 anyways and I definitely think he is done after that. I will be shocked if they re-cast Tony Stark within this universe.

Hulk is probably not going to get a sequel. He will continue to be the big man in the Avengers with likely another Hulk bad guy thrown into the mix to give him some dire circumstances.

Captain Marvel won't have his own movie and neither will Iron Fist...nor should they. Iron Fist could end up in an Avengers movie. I don't think anyone gives a crap about Captain Marvel to be blunt.

I don't think we will see another Ghost Rider movie anytime soon no matter who has those rights. I don't think he would be in any other movies either. I am really shocked we even have a Ghost Rider movie. The Punisher imo would be better suited to be thrown into the mix with say Spider-Man or Daredevil.

GOTG I can see being two movies, depending how the first one does.

I don't think we will be seeing Blade movies for a long time either.

Daredevil I think would get a couple of movies with a crossover with Spider-Man.

Spider-Man movies would be pumped out every 2 years and he would be in the Avengers. Likely 6 Spidey movies culminating in the Sinister 6.

Fantastic Four I could see being 2 movies with them joining the Avengers to fight Doom.

If Marvel had all of those properties, they could easily be releasing 4 films a year and just own the market. A March, May, July, November schedule would just absolutely crush any other studio.

The X-Men is just a huge universe that really doesn't need cross-overs. Though..I bet Wolverine would show up in a Spider-Man movie or an Avengers movie.

BUT...definitely think we would have seen a Civil Wars movie after the Avengers line was done.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote