View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #146
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Default Re: The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehmeh View Post
I loved how McAvoy looked like he's suffering, which he clearly is. And the line...works for me. Delivered with passion, I was sold. There's so much to like about both Xaviers.
The first time I heard it, it caught me off a little...I don't know why, but that seems to happen a bit in sci-fi. The dialogue has to be so strange..."I don't want your suffering--I don't want your future!" Who would say that in real life???

But now that I've seen the trailer a couple of times, it's grown on me. In fact, the trailer's ending is my favorite part; the music finally hits emotionally, the visuals are cool and that bit of dialouge brings it all together.

But I'm always worried when Simon Kinberg is involved in a script; he's done some decent scripts--never a fantastic script--and he's had some serious clunkers (X3, anyone? Seriously?...we're going to have the guy who pooch-screwed a previous X-men movie write the script for this one?). I'm hoping my fears are unfounded.

While Charles Xavier is building his school, the Brotherhood has plans of its own—to build a mutant army. And soon, Magneto will discover there’s only one person who can build it for them…Charles.

Click Here to Read.
Nerial is offline   Reply With Quote