Originally Posted by DrCosmic
The challenge was a release timeline. So we're talking about Phase 4, then? Okay.
- So assuming GOTG is as successful as all the other MCU films, it has fans, people want a sequel, just don't give it to them, tough cookies for them.
- No new properties on film, check. Give all those properties to Jeph Loeb. Tough cookies for them.
- No Iron Man 4 if there's a recast, introduce the new actor in Avengers, tough cookies for him.
- So your 'all the properties back' Phase 4 is: Thor, Cap, Hulk, Spidey, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel. At two movies a year, that puts Avengers movies 5 years away from each other, and never adding any new properties (Ghost Rider/Blade/IM) unless you stop one of those or extended each phase to be 6 years long.
- This means 6 years between sequels for every franchise.
I wouldn't enjoy that, would you?
I don't really think GOTG is going to be a runaway billion dollar blockbuster,but if it is,I'm sure it will take precedence.Same as IM.If RDJ comes back,there's no way they'll say 'No thanks' to an IM4.
But the point is,as much as fans want a Captain Marvel or Black Panther,Marvel knows the Powerhouse an FF film will be in the MCU.Something will have to be taken off the table.Same with Spidey (Their freakin Flagship Character!) They are are not going to get the rights back and just sit on them.(Ghost Rider,Punisher,Blade,yeah,maybe.)