View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #17
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: What did you like about T:TDW?

I already wrote a bunch of positive things in the review thread but I can put some more here now that it's been a day and I don't feel like I'm just repeating myself.

Asgard looks great. Tons of great visuals and the best part probably comes in the funeral scene.

Chris and Tom keeps having great chemistry and is my favorite duo in all superhero movies. This movie gave them yet another dynamic to play out.

The villains aren't very deep but I really like their look and the way they fight. This goes for Malekith, Kurse and the rest of the dark elves. I liked their language as well.

Most characters get better things to do and feel more special to me. Jane is far more involved, Frigga gets some very nice scenes, I like Selvig being weird, Fandral, Volstagg and Sif comes off better.

The action and effects are generally very well done. All the way from the various styles of personal combatants up to spaceship combat. It's always kept at decent length and doesn't get repetitive or too much.

I felt that it also balanced the comedy well, despite it being a whole lot of it. It makes it fun and I think humor helps superhero/comic elements work in a movie.

Just a selection of things.

Edit:
I have to agree with ddddeeee on that the cameo was fantastic.

Last edited by Mjölnir; 10-31-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote